background

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cooking is my reward!

Yesterday was a domestic day at home.  Did all the things that aren't my favorite...and found that I was looking forward to my reward....baking!!


Every time we go to the store lately Nate's been asking me to buy him pink frosting cookies. So I decided to attempt to make sugar cookies.  Sugar cookies are a hit and miss proposition for me.  Sometimes I have to hide the result with frosting. Other times they are just too tasty to put frosting on them.  The ones I made yesterday - very tasty without the frosting. 


I love to try out twists in my baking.  Yesterday was no exception..  I found a recipe online for "Easy Sugar Cookies" on Allrecipes.com.  It called for one cup of butter, so I tried them with 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup cream cheese! OH MY WORD....they were tasty!!  Normally sugar cookies are rolled out and then cut.  This recipe makes drop cookies and made 30 large sized cookies.


Easy Sugar Cookies

Ingredients

  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened 
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.