Bake Sale Lemon bars
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- To make crust: Mix together the butter, 1 1/3 cups flour and 1/4 cup sugar with a fork until crumbly. Press into an 8 inch square pan and bake for 20 minutes. Crust will look white. Do not brown!
- Combine the eggs, 3/4 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, baking powder and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until well mixed. Pour over pre-baked crust.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Let bars cool before cutting.