We got 10 inches of snow last night so soup sounded like a great thing to have...so I started making creamy chicken and rice soup. The only problem...I didn't have a package of rice to use. The only box resembling rice in my pantry, a box of couscous.
While the taste was awesome, it just wasn't the same. The couscous, which is a pasta, added quite a bit starch and a different texture. Would I make it again...probably not, but it wasn't all bad.
Adventures in cooking for this girl today!!
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
In the oven as we speak. The only thing I did different is toast the walnuts in butter & cinnamon and added some cinnamon to the dough. Smells WONDERFUL!! Will post pictures if they cool enough for me to make the icing and not eat them all!!!
Living the Swell Life: must-make maple scones
I made the scones. They are delicious!!! They were a little dry for my taste but I am going to wait for them to cool down. I cooked for the full 18 minutes and I think I overcooked them even though the edges were only a little brown. You should try them!!! They taste GREAT!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
I was flipping through my new Rachael Ray Magazine and found this recipe for a Welsh Rarebit Burger, Sirloin burger with a beer, mustard and cheese sauce. OH MY!!
photo by Tuna Rupp
photo by Tuna Rupp
Welsh Rarebit Burgers Recipe - Every Day with Rachael Ray
Copyright © 2009, Every Day with Rachael Ray and its licensors. All rights reserved."
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
- ► 2012 (37)
- couscous soup
- Maple Scones from Living the Swell Life & Farm Chi...
- Stocking Your Pantry — Pauladeen.com
- Looking for a great burger? Check out this burger ...
- From Southern Plate - How To Make Peanut Butter Ba...
- Meatloaf! Not only a great singer...but a tasty me...
- Nibble Me This: Ten Tips for Cold Weather Grilling...
- Cooking Tips for Moms : Meals Your Kids Will Enjoy...
- New Cookbook reviews coming soon!
- ▼ January (9)