We got 10 inches of snow last night so soup sounded like a great thing to have...so I started making creamy chicken and rice soup. The only problem...I didn't have a package of rice to use. The only box resembling rice in my pantry, a box of couscous.
While the taste was awesome, it just wasn't the same. The couscous, which is a pasta, added quite a bit starch and a different texture. Would I make it again...probably not, but it wasn't all bad.
Adventures in cooking for this girl today!!
- ► 2012 (37)
- couscous soup
- Maple Scones from Living the Swell Life & Farm Chi...
- Stocking Your Pantry — Pauladeen.com
- Looking for a great burger? Check out this burger ...
- From Southern Plate - How To Make Peanut Butter Ba...
- Meatloaf! Not only a great singer...but a tasty me...
- Nibble Me This: Ten Tips for Cold Weather Grilling...
- Cooking Tips for Moms : Meals Your Kids Will Enjoy...
- New Cookbook reviews coming soon!
- ▼ January (9)