background

Monday, August 1, 2011

Crockpot Baked Beans

  • 1 lb package of dry white beans cooked according to directions on package
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced finely
  • 1/3 cup molasses
  • 1/3 cup ketchup
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tspn Liquid smoke
  • 1 1/2 cups hot water (as hot as you can from tap) I added a little chicken bouillon to add a some flavor
  • 4 -6  slices bacon, chopped



Cook beans according to directions.


In crock pot,  add all but the last 2 ingredients.  I cooked overnight in the crock pot on low. If your crockpot cooks hot...you'll need to add a little more water..or you can cook during the day so you can keep an eye on it and add more water or broth  


When finished cooking add 1/3 cup maple syrup and salt and pepper.  Don't add the salt until after beans are tender, it keeps them from cooking all the way through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.