background

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Easy Pizza

I am all for easy peasy as long as it's great tasting food.

I'm  a let's try a pinch of this or a pinch of that kind of cook. I'll try add-ins to just about anything.   Not real crazy things but like peanut butter in pancake mix or adding a little maple syrup to the batter.

So today is an Indian Summer day.  It's not super hot but hot enough that this momma doesn't really want to cook, or in this case, put too much work into cooking.  My hubby works  in DC  or as the boys say "in the city" a few times a week; which in VA means leaving before the sun gets up and getting home 2 hours after you leave the office (20 miles away) and getting home about 6:30 or 7:00. Crazy for this girl who's been a country girl all her life!!

So I thought I'll whip up a Pizza for dinner.


It is EASY!!

1 cup warm water
1 Tablespoon yeast
1 Tablespoon sugar

Put into a large bowl and let yeast dissolve and get foamy.

Add to the bowl
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 Tablespoon oil (it can be olive, vegetable or cooled melted butter)

Knead for 5 minutes or until a soft dough forms.  Let rest for 5 minutes.

with your hands stretch the dough into whatever shape you want.  You can leave it thick for a deep dish style or use a rolling pin to make it thin for a thin crust.

Add whatever toppings you'd like!   Bake at 400 for 18-22 minutes (in my gas oven it took about 19 minutes) until crust is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.