background

Sunday, September 30, 2012

2-Cheese Crackers

We went into the city this weekend.  On the way home, I realized hey, we didn't have any "adult" snacks. Not that adults can't eat and enjoy goldfish or stale graham crackers.  I wanted something that I could love and the kids wouldn't keep asking, "Mom, can I have one of those?"  So I found this great recipe for Parmesan Cream Crackers.   Being a crazy cook, I adjusted it to 2-cheese crackers and here's the recipe!
2-Cheese Crackers


1 cup all-purpose flour, more as needed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup cream or half-and-half, more as needed

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly dust with flour. 

1.  Put flour, salt, cheese and butter in bowl of a food processor. Pulse until flour and butter are combined. Add about 1/4 cup cream or half-and-half and let machine run for a bit; continue to add liquid a teaspoon at a time, until mixture holds together but is not sticky. 

**Be careful.  I added too much cream and had to add more flour.**

2. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until 1/2-inch thick or even thinner, adding flour as needed. Transfer sheet of dough to prepared baking sheet (drape it over rolling pin to make it easier). Score lightly with a sharp knife, pizza cutter or a pastry wheel. 

3.Sprinkle with salt or other topping if you like.  Sea Salt, Sesame Seeds, Caraway Seeds, whatever you'd like (I would brush with a little butter or milk first so it will stick)
**I missed this step and they really didn't need it. :-) **

4. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. 
Cool on a rack; serve warm or at room temperature or store in an airtight container for a few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.