Sweet and Minty Christmas Treat.
I find that having all the ingredients, equipment like the spoon and pan prepared makes everything go quickly! You will love the results so much, it won't be long until you have the ingredients memorized! You can switch different kinds of chips or extracts (vanilla, mint, almond, or even coffee)
Ingredients you'll need:
3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine (1 1/2 sticks)
2/3 cup evaporated (not condensed) milk
12 oz Dark Chocolate Chips
1 jar Marshmallow Creme
1 tsp Mint Extract
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Line a 9X9 pan with foil or grease generously with butter.
- In medium saucepan and medium heat,
- Melt the butter/margarine
- Add sugar and evaporated milk
- Bring to a boil and boil for 4 minutes or candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees. Stir constantly. (if you don't keep stirring you'll end up with crystallized sugar pieces in your what should be smooth fudge)
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips and marshmallow creme. Mix until smooth.
- Add mint extract and nuts if adding.
- Let sit at room temperature until firm.