background

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baked Fried Chicken


You'll dip them in a creamy sauce and then cover with crust.  Trust me DELICIOUS!

You'll need 1 pound chicken tenders, washed and patted dry.

1st dip
In a medium bowl whisk together

1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons mustard
1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 tablespoon honey or sugar
You may need to add a little bit of water to thin a little...not too much you want it to stick to the chicken

You can add or subtract seasoning to make it what your family will like! 

2nd dip
In a ziploc, add potato flakes, dried onion, and crushed potato chips and 1/4 cup parmesan.
I used some Snikiddy baked cheese fries that we got at Costco.

I used a spoon to scoop out the sour cream mixture and coated it all over the chicken tenders; that way the raw chicken didn't get mixed with the sour cream mixture.

Then I put them in the ziploc bag, shook them until coated and put on a pan with raised edges.

Once they are all prepared...drizzled a little bit of olive oil over each one. Just a little bit so they don't get soggy.  I cooked them for 30 minutes at 400.  Use a meat thermometer to make sure they are done...which is 165 internal temp.  They were crispy but not as crispy as deep fried but WAY healthier!







No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.