background

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Homemade Ho-Hos!

I was watching Food Network tonight.  It was Cupcake Wars.  I *LOVE* cupcakes.  Little bites of lushness!!  Before kids...I made everything from scratch...now I am a more semi-homemade kind of cook.

So I took a dark chocolate cake mix and made it according to directions with one little tweak. I added about a 1/4 cup instant coffee to the water, and used melted butter instead of oil. I know quite the rebel!


Since I have 2 little boys...I made 24 cake bites for them to have and the remaining cake batter I was able to make 12 cupcakes.  Tomorrow I am going to metamorphosis plain chocolate cupcakes into a yummy favorite of mine..Ho-Hos! I will post pictures after I finish them tomorrow.

I used 1/2 jar of marshmallow fluff and add softened cream cheese until it was the consistency I wanted.
I have an injector that I'm not sure where I got it from...I think the dollar store...but it worked perfectly


You can buy them at Amazon at this link cupcake filling injector







No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.