background

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Easy Beer Bread

I was trying to figure out a quick bread to make to go with dinner.  I found a great beer bread recipe. So here it goes!


Preheat oven to 350...add small oven safe cup with water

Combine in large bowl
3 cups flour (I used a combo of 2 cups bread flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
stir in
1 cup shredded sharp cheese (you could also add onion, garlic, or other veggie if you want)
slowly add
1 12 oz bottle of beer  (I used Samuel Adams Blackberry beer)

Pour into greased loaf pan.
Let stand for 15-30 minutes before baking

Bake at 350 for 1 hour

After 30 minutes I melted butter with a little bit of chopped garlic...and poured over the top of the loaf.  DELICIOUS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.