background

Friday, April 13, 2012

Grilled BBQ Cheese sandwiches and crispy roasted potatoes (jo-jos)

Grilled Chicken and cheese sandwich!! 

Super YUMMY. I used chopped left over chicken, mixed in a little bit of BBQ sauce, crispy real bacon bits, a slice of cheese on each side. I learned a trick that if you put a thin layer of mayo on the outside of the bread when grilling...your bread will be crispy on the whole slice and not soggy.

To Make Oven Fries


Microwave quartered potatoes covered in salty water


 
Cook for 10 minutes on high,
 Drain water. 








Drizzle a fair amount of olive oil over the potatoes, I also added some medium chunks of onion.
Gently toss the potatoes, and sprinkle with favorite herbs. I used Italian Seasoning 
Put in a hot oven at 450 degrees for about 25-30 minutes until crispy.

Enjoy!!

The potatoes were more like jo-jos than fries but they were seasoned well and very tasty!!!

Today my recipe is part of Full Plate Thursday! You can find LOTS of great new recipes and friends too at Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz Helen

2 comments:

  1. I think your sandwich and the potatoes sound amazing. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Sandwich, it looks really good! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.