background

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wheat Thin Crackers...almost :-)


  • Homemade Wheat Thins
  • adapted from awesome recipe at Serious Eats

  • 1 cup all purpose flour (if you don't have flaxseed meal just add more flour)
  • 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon seasoning (I wanted Italian crackers so I added Italian seasoning)
  • 4 tablespoons, about 1/2 of a stick butter
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce 
  • Additional salt for topping. I also sprinkled parmesan cheese on the top
Combine the flour, sugar, salt and seasoning in food processor bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and mix it in thoroughly. You can also use your fingers, a pastry blender, or a mixer, if you don't have a food processor. Combine the water and Worcestershire Sauce, and add it to the flour mixture, mixing until smooth.

Preheat oven to 400.

Divide dough into manageable pieces, leaving covered the pieces you are using.
Evenly  spread a little flour on your surface and use a rolling pin to roll out dough very thin.  I found it easier to roll them thin, then cut, put on parchment and roll even thinner.

You can sprinkle salt on the tops, or sesame seeds, or Parmesan, even garlic salt. I might even try some shredded cheese next time I make them.

They are DELICIOUS!!


The key to crispy is to get them as thin as you can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.