background

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chicken Crockpot Casserole


After a couple of days of living on the broil setting and having to check my kids hourly for those beautiful grill marks on their backsides, yes, that's how hot it was! I am ready to cook in my kitchen!

I actually don't mind the sunshine. It is a change of pace for me.  I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, where we had 2 seasons.  Rainy, dreary gray from November 1st  to July 4th (the Rainy Season). Then we'd have outbreaks of sunshine for July, August, Sept and usually October..usually only a few at a time peppered with rainy days.

Now that I live in the DC area.  I've had to get used to not only warm days, but HOT days...HOT days that stick to you like stink on a stink bug. (Something else that we didn't have in the Northwest)

So today I decided that it is a crockpot day.  Casserole without having to heat up the oven.  Genius, I say!  I found a GREAT recipe by Christy Jordan at Southern Plate.  She's my sister..she just doesn't know it. I LOVE her recipes! Please go to her web site to check out her delicious recipes!


 Here is the link to her fantastic recipe for Cheesy Chicken Crockpot Chicken that I will be making tonight.

First chicken in the bottom of the crockpot and cover with onion and some minced garlic (I didn't have a fresh one..haven't replenished my pantry this week).  I also sprinkled some Caribbean Jerk seasoning over the chicken too for a little kick.




Spoon over the cream of chicken soup.  I added some carrots.



Now I am "potting" it on low for 6 hours and am filling my house with delicious smells that will make my neighbors jealous! Before serving, I added 1 box of rice-a-roni, cooked according to the box.  

Dinner in a flash! Okay maybe not a flash but no muss, no fuss!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.