background

Friday, May 11, 2012

homemade protein bars..super easy and YUMMY!


CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA PROTEIN BARS
Based on a recipe from Frugal Follies




1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup butter
1 heaping Tablespoon of protein powder (I used Shaklee's original protein powder)
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup chocolate chips (I used peanut butter and semi-sweet)


Line an 8x8 baking pan with wax or parchment paper. lightly spray with cooking spray


In a medium saucepan, combine the peanut butter, honey, and butter.  Cook over medium-low heat until melted and well combined.  Remove from heat. Slowly add protein and mix well.  I just dumped it in to the mixture on the stove and it took me a little bit to get the lumps of powder mixed in.  Add the oats and mix until the oats are covered.  Allow to cool for 2 minutes, then add the chocolate pieces. (I let it cool a little less than that so the chocolate chips would melt a little)


Using a spatula, spread the mixture into the 8x8 pan.  Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until solid.  Remove from paper and cut into squares. 


Here is the protein powder I used. 


My husband's parents sell Shaklee. If you would like to get in contact with them on how to order. Please email me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.