background

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pumpkin Brownies..Super Awesome!


It might sound a little weird but the canned pumpkin actually adds an awesome depth to the chocolate and cuts down on the sweetness.  I was a little skeptical but even tasting it before baking I knew they were going to be tasty.  The brownies were a little flat and fudgy.


1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar 
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

How to:

In the microwave, melt the butter. Let it cool.

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 8x8 baking pan.

  • In a bowl mix the melted butter, sugar. pumpkin puree, vanilla.  Mix well but don't over mix.
  • Add cocoa powder, flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.  Mix until moistened.  Be careful to not over mix.
  • Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.

The best part since these are eggless...you can lick the spoon with NO guilt!! YAY!

I would LOVE to post a picture but these beauties were eaten up before I could get the camera out.






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.