Tonight we went to Bertucci's. It's an Italian restaurant with Brick Oven specialties. The restaurant was in Lynnfield/Beverly, MA.
When we lived on the West Coast, my East Coast raised husband raved about and missed Bertucci's. Every time we came for a visit to the Boston area. He had to go to Bertucci's and a seafood place for twin lobsters.
I usually get either the ravioli or the pizza. Tonight, I had a Bertucci's calzoni with meatballs, pepperoni and caramelized onions. It also had a ricotta, romano, mozzerella cheese filling as well. The crust was nice and not too dense. It wasn't sweet. The Pomodoro sauce was a little spicy but was good. The balance mixture of the creamy cheese and the meat was very tasty. You can also order the calzone with a whole wheat crust.
My husband got the Bertucci's Ultimate pizza. Each quarter of our pepperoni pizza with a different topping — sweet Italian sausage, meatballs, rosemary ham and chicken.
For my son we got the kids macaroni and cheese. It was penne pasta with a thin cheese sauce, not something that kids think of when they think mac and cheese. Although he did eat most of it!!
My in-laws each got the Chicken Broccoli Penne which is fresh grilled sliced chicken, broccoli and rigatoni in your choice of a lemon garlic cream or white wine sauce. They had the garlic cream sauce. It had whole cloves of garlic in it so it was garlicky!
The service was pretty good. It wasn't very busy but it seemed as though the service staff didn't have anything to do but our waitperson was a little bit slow to check in on us.
Prices - moderate
Ambiance - Good (a family restaurant so the noise level can be a bit loud)
Service - Good
Taste - Excellent
I would recommend this restaurant to any hungry traveler!! If you see a Bertucci's, you need to stop!
- ► 2012 (37)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ready...set....go.....it's time for Christmas baki...
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- Nick's Pizza Review
- Bertucci's review
- Lessons learned on the road
- simple and delicious
- Thanksgiving Menu
- my new serial blog- http://www.mandys-serial.blogs...
- The Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Expo.
- Eastern Market
- Caroline's Cakes, Home of The World's Best Caramel...
- Catch That Cupcake
- Premium Chocolate Walking Tours, Workshops, Tastin...
- LaFAMIGLIA - Home
- Foss Gourmet Foods Maple Butter
- Grama's Best | Delicious home-cooked products brou...
- Jam that was Phenomenal!!
- Another GREAT vendor.
- One of the AWESOME vendors from the DC 2010 Cookin...
- Gourmet Comfort Under Pressure
- Cooking is my reward!
- Cooking with whine...I mean wine!
- So excited!! I won! I won!
- fall is here!!
- ▼ November (25)