Here's a recipe that I've tried out this week that was delicious, simple and won't break your budget!! The best kind, right?
Monterey Chicken on a Shingle
Who doesn't love BBQ chicken with onion, cheese and bacon!?!? I was looking for something easy and delicious to make for a late night snack for my husband and I.
I used our toaster oven but you could toast the muffins in a regular toaster and then put in the oven to heat through.
I'm going to post how I assembled them and you can add or subtract what you like or don't like. That's the great thing about cooking....you can make it your way.
I took 3 English muffins and halved them. I spread enough butter to cover the muffins (not slathered). I took a 3 cooked chicken tenderloins and sliced them lengthwise and place them on 1 of the muffin halves. You could also use canned chicken as well.
On the other half, I sprinkled cheese and some diced onion (green onion would be another alternative) bacon bits and a small squirt of BBQ sauce. I put the muffins in the toaster oven and toasted them like I normally would make toast. Our toaster takes about 4 minutes and toasts both the top and bottom. I put them together like a sandwich...viola...easy and tasty!
- ► 2012 (37)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ready...set....go.....it's time for Christmas baki...
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- Nick's Pizza Review
- Bertucci's review
- Lessons learned on the road
- simple and delicious
- Thanksgiving Menu
- my new serial blog- http://www.mandys-serial.blogs...
- The Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Expo.
- Eastern Market
- Caroline's Cakes, Home of The World's Best Caramel...
- Catch That Cupcake
- Premium Chocolate Walking Tours, Workshops, Tastin...
- LaFAMIGLIA - Home
- Foss Gourmet Foods Maple Butter
- Grama's Best | Delicious home-cooked products brou...
- Jam that was Phenomenal!!
- Another GREAT vendor.
- One of the AWESOME vendors from the DC 2010 Cookin...
- Gourmet Comfort Under Pressure
- Cooking is my reward!
- Cooking with whine...I mean wine!
- So excited!! I won! I won!
- fall is here!!
- ▼ November (25)