Yesterday was a domestic day at home. Did all the things that aren't my favorite...and found that I was looking forward to my reward....baking!!
Every time we go to the store lately Nate's been asking me to buy him pink frosting cookies. So I decided to attempt to make sugar cookies. Sugar cookies are a hit and miss proposition for me. Sometimes I have to hide the result with frosting. Other times they are just too tasty to put frosting on them. The ones I made yesterday - very tasty without the frosting.
I love to try out twists in my baking. Yesterday was no exception.. I found a recipe online for "Easy Sugar Cookies" on Allrecipes.com. It called for one cup of butter, so I tried them with 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup cream cheese! OH MY WORD....they were tasty!! Normally sugar cookies are rolled out and then cut. This recipe makes drop cookies and made 30 large sized cookies.
- ► 2012 (37)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ready...set....go.....it's time for Christmas baki...
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- Nick's Pizza Review
- Bertucci's review
- Lessons learned on the road
- simple and delicious
- Thanksgiving Menu
- my new serial blog- http://www.mandys-serial.blogs...
- The Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Expo.
- Eastern Market
- Caroline's Cakes, Home of The World's Best Caramel...
- Catch That Cupcake
- Premium Chocolate Walking Tours, Workshops, Tastin...
- LaFAMIGLIA - Home
- Foss Gourmet Foods Maple Butter
- Grama's Best | Delicious home-cooked products brou...
- Jam that was Phenomenal!!
- Another GREAT vendor.
- One of the AWESOME vendors from the DC 2010 Cookin...
- Gourmet Comfort Under Pressure
- Cooking is my reward!
- Cooking with whine...I mean wine!
- So excited!! I won! I won!
- fall is here!!
- ▼ November (25)