background

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Cookies


In trying to get in the Holiday Spirit, I decided to make some sugar cookies.  I have a KitchenAid mixer that I haven't been able to use much. I know a cardinal sin for a cook and baker.  So I dusted her off and used her to mix probably the best sugar cookies I've ever made. This recipe isn't for roll out cookies but actually drop, flatten and bake cookies.  They would be great with frosting on them, but they are really tasty without any.


Sugar Cookies

  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
    2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
    3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

3 comments:

  1. looks awesome, love your blog, and I'm a new follower!!

    anne
    www.anniebakes.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to use your recipe on CalDelatMommies Bake Swap. Do you have a review for us?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.

Blog Archive