background

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Boxing Day

As I try to maneuver out of my Christmas food coma.  It was a great day in Northern Virginia.  Although the weather people got my hopes up that I would get to see snow...and well that didn't happen.  Not even a flake today.  Still have January to hope that we'll get some snow.

This year for Christmas, I bucked tradition.  I know hard to believe.  We roasted a turkey breast in a bag (Butterball, which I highly recommend)  I also did a 3 lb roast beef  from our local grocer, Harris Teeter,  I made it in the crock pot.  It was really moist and well seasoned.
For sides, we had the usually suspects - mashed potatoes, green salad and rolls.  I also made a caramel apple pie.  It turned out great!


My husband's parents came down from the Boston area to spend a few days and shower the kids with gifts galore.  It was a fun day and I really enjoyed cooking!

My husband surprised me with a gift certificate for classes at Cookology in Dulles Town Center AND a new apron.  I am super excited and am having a hard time deciding which class to take!  There's a homemade ravioli class, baking classes, knife skills, I could go BROKE.  

Hope y'all have a great week!  I'm going to be trying out some new recipes this week.  Going to try a couple of recipes with the boys too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.

Blog Archive