Here's the recipe and I'll post pictures and comments after I've made them!
Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Ingredients for Cookies:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease or line four baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Drop by heaping measuring teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- (A total of 72 cookies are needed for the recipe.)
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until springy to the touch.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl on medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread a heaping teaspoon of filling onto flat side of one cookie; top with flat side of second cookie to make a sandwich.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
so here's what the pumpkin whoopie cushions look like :-) The texture is a little rubbery but not too much
my sweet little clams filled with yummy goodness...
Coming up next on my recipe adventures - Mini Tollhouse Whoopie Pies