Cheese Bacon Potato Soup
6 medium sized potatoes
4 cups water
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 onion chopped
seasonings to taste
5 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup cooked bacon bits
5 tablespoons flour
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup milk
1/3 brick of Velveeta cut into small blocks
- Boil potatoes in water, broth, seasonings and onion for 15-20 minutes until tender but not mush
- Make the roux by melting butter and bacon bits, then whisk in flour until it thickens.
- Turn down heat and add by dollops sour cream and slowly add milk until it smooths out.
- Add Velveeta a little at a time and stir occasionally on low heat until smooth.
- Fold into soup and heat through.