background

Sunday, December 12, 2010

I am READY for some football

It's a chilly day here in VA...not cold enough to snow but chilly enough. So it's souper bowl Sunday! I threw together a pot of soup and here it is.

Cheese Bacon Potato Soup


6 medium sized potatoes
4 cups water
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 onion chopped
seasonings to taste

5 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup cooked bacon bits
5 tablespoons flour
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup milk
1/3 brick of Velveeta cut into small blocks



  • Boil potatoes in water, broth, seasonings and onion for 15-20 minutes until tender but not mush
  • Make the roux by melting butter and bacon bits, then whisk in flour until it thickens. 
  • Turn down heat and add by dollops sour cream and slowly add milk until it smooths out.  
  • Add Velveeta a little at a time and stir occasionally on low heat until smooth.
  • Fold into soup and heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.

Blog Archive