We're having Lasagna, green salad, fresh baked rolls, and homemade apple crisp for dessert.
yummy! Will post pictures once everything is cooked.
Mandy's Mom's Baked Lasagna
2 jars of pasta sauce
1 medium sized can of diced tomatoes
2 tbl Italian seasoning
- Brown ground beef with garlic and onion.
- Add the pasta sauce, tomatoes, seasoning. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes. The longer it simmers, the better the flavor.
- In a bowl add cottage cheese, egg, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese. (you can also add thawed and well drained chopped spinach)
- Lay 3 noodles on the bottom of a greased pan, add 1/3 of tomato mixture and 1/3 of cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers and sprinkle with the remaining 2 cups of cheese.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the edges are burning you can cover with strips of tinfoil.
Cloverleaf Rolls (makes 2 loafs or 24 rolls)
- In large bowl combine warm water and sugar.
- Mix in the yeast and leave in a warm place until the mixture is frothy. (looks like a sponge) It should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the oil and salt.
- Add flour one cup at a time. Knead until smooth and elastic like.
- Put in an oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rise until double in size (about 30-45 minutes)
- Once it is doubled, punch down.
- You can either bake in 2 greased loaf pans, or make clover leaf by making small round balls and putting 3 balls in each tin of a muffin tin.
- Let rise again for about 30 minutes until the dough is 1 inch over the pan or until the dough has filled the tin and is above the edge.
Makes a 9x9 pan.