background

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Yummy Hot Chocolate that I remember drinking as a kid.

When I was kid, we used to go to a friend's house on Thursdays.  We'd play "kick the can" until dark, and then inside for hot cocoa, popcorn and Tom Selleck in Magnum PI...yeah it was that long ago!  How can you go wrong with that combination.
picture from FoodNetwork.com




I *finally* found a recipe that tastes like the awesome hot cocoa I remember. It's Paula Deen's Dreamy Hot Chocolate.
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 6 1/2 cups hot water
  • Mini Marshmallows (optional in her recipe...but not at our house)

Directions

In a large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt; mix well. 
Over medium heat, slowly stir in water; heat through, stirring occasionally. DO NOT BOIL. 
Top with marshmallows, if desired.
Tip: Chocolate can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.

When it's cooled I put the hot cocoa in a 2L bottle and keep in fridge.  I've also added cooled freshly brewed coffee...a cheap mans mocha!!  If you have any questions, please ask.  Hope you enjoy the hot cocoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love to cook. It is my passion.

Blog Archive